Ed Delia, PCM
Ed Delia became President of Delia Associates in 1998, assuming full control of the company founded by his father, Michael A. Delia, in 1964. Under Ed’s leadership, Delia Associates has contributed directly to the success and growth of a wide variety of clients, from large international corporations to local retailers. The firm has helped many businesses to grow and expand their sales opportunities through the development and implementation of highly successful branding campaigns, using a combination of online and traditional media. Delia Associates is known for its creativity and ingenuity, receiving numerous professional awards and industry commendations.
Under his direction, Delia Associates launched a proprietary brand development system that is designed to take customers through a detailed process, resulting in the development of a unique brand identity. This innovative and self–contained system – called The Brand Leadership Solution™ – was first introduced in September 2003. It continues to be fine–tuned.
In 2006, Ed earned the distinction of being named one of NJBIZ’s “Forty Under 40,” which recognizes up–and–coming business leaders in New Jersey. Also in 2006, he was honored as Somerset County’s Outstanding Business Person of the Year.
Ed is one of only 250 professionals nationwide to be designated a Professional Certified Marketer (PCM) by the American Marketing Association. He has been a Vistage speaker since 2007 and speaks to groups, large and small, on the subject of branding and related topics on marketing and technology–driven communications.
Recent articles by Ed Delia include:
- Climbing the Perception Pyramid
- Branding: Your Competitive Edge in a Flattening World
- Why a “Satisfied” Customer is Bad News for Your Brand
- Your Customer Just Replaced Your CEO
- The Need for Speed in the Age of e
Board and Association Participation includes:
- American Marketing Association
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization – NJ Chapter Board 4 years
- YMCA of Hunterdon County – Board of Directors
- Somerset Business Partnership Member
- Hunterdon County Polytech Academy – Board of Advisors
- Hunterdon Young Professionals and Executives – Co–founder
- Hunterdon Economic Partnership – Former board member
- Somerset Business Education Partnership – Former board member
- Center for Great Expectations (supports homeless pregnant women)
- Mothers of Military Support (supports families of active military personnel)
- NJ Packaging Executives Club, Board Member
Ed attended both elementary and high school in Hunterdon County; he was a student at North Hunterdon Regional High School and later graduated from The Lawrenceville School in Lawrenceville, NJ. He earned his BA in English from Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.