Optimizing Social Media Assests for SEO Value
Your Product IS Conducive to Social Media
Search engine optimization through social media is becoming increasingly important in today’s ever changing online marketing landscape. But many companies continue to struggle with understanding the benefits of committing to a full-fledged social media program with quantifiable results. Numerous businesses, especially those marketing to other businesses rather than consumers, claim their product offerings are simply not conducive to the social media climate, but I’m here to tell you that they’re wrong. While it takes some creativity to engage an audience and become a reliable source of information, it can definitely be accomplished.
Links on search engine results pages are akin to shelves in a retail store. The more shelf space you own, the more exposure you will gain, and the better your chance of driving more clicks and closing more business. The inherent nature of the search engine algorithms will help you own your branded searches, but optimizing your social media properties will only enhance your opportunities to converting leads.
Here are six tips to accomplish just that:
- Make sure you link your social media assets from your homepage. This may seem obvious, but it is an overlooked component for many businesses. It is a major factor in ranking social media sites. In fact, many major retail brand fails to have any social media integration on their homepages. This is a missed opportunity, because links from the homepage is a chance to capitalize on opportunities.
- Make sure you use branded keywords in your social media posts because it will have an effect on search engine rankings. Getting Facebook likes, Twitter followers and Google Plus endorsements are also believed to be weighted as part of the search engine criteria. This is a symbol of trust that will enhance your social media value. However, identifying the objective of acquiring likes and actually attaining said links are two different things. You must creatively diagram a strategy to engage your audience and give them incentive to like the page. Promotional deals are a great way to do this.
- Make sure you create tools that are conducive to sharing. Creating something that is aesthetically pleasing and user friendly are key ingredients to success. And don’t forget to add a sharing button.
- Make sure all of your information is shareable and findable. Your social footprint on the web should include your social profile, engagements and your brand assets. You have to determine if you can strengthen the appeal and relationships you are building across the social media spectrum and also if your brand assets are optimized in a way that can facilitate social interaction.
- Keep an eye on your competitors and make sure you are differentiating yourself from the pack. Investigate the nuances with which they operate their social media SEO practices and see if you can apply some of these principles to your own campaign, while doing it in a way that also differentiates yourself.
- Make sure you optimize your Google+ profile because it can have a very dramatic effect on the rankings. Google is far and away the most used search engine and as a result, demands the most attention for optimization. Make sure you are optimizing your branded and non-branded keywords and crafting your company profile in a way that will reflect your core values and offerings.
Social media and search engine optimization are now interconnected where success in one area usually breeds victory in another. Optimizing social media assets will not only enhance your branded searches by filling enough space on the search pages, but also enhance the SEO value for non-branded keywords. Contact our NJ search engine optimization specialists today if you need help optimizing your social assets.