7 Brand Basics for CEO’s
In a world that has little understanding of branding and its importance, we’ve created a list tailored to CEO’s to help them realize their role in their own company’s branding.
- Even if you think you don’t, you already have a brand. People are going to have opinions about your company whether you do anything about it or not. No matter what, your customers, investors and your own employees will always have certain feelings and perceptions about the brand.
- Branding is not marketing. Marketing is ad campaigns, commercials, white papers, etc. Branding on the other hand, is that, and so much more. Branding encompasses product features, reliability, the quality of your product and customer service, and the experiences your customers have had with the brand. Brand packaging and identity only come after you have established your brand and its objectives.
- It’s not new news that you are the figurehead of your organization. But what that does mean is that you set the tone. You are the catalyst that shapes the company brand and your actions influence your employee’s actions.
- When branding your company, remember that you can’t be all things to all people. Don’t spread yourself too thin because you may look like a jack of all trades, but you will definitely be a master of none. Instead define and properly communicate the niche you maintain in your industry, whether that means you are the risk-taker or the experienced/reliable option.
- Aside from your company brand, as you grow in size you should also establish your own personal brand. This way your credibility and your company’s credibility will complement one another. To learn more about Personal Branding for CEO’s click here.
- Consistency is key. We cannot stress that enough. Many CEO’s make the mistake of developing new marketing material or spicing up their logo once every few years and then call it a day. The key to establishing, building, and maintaining a credible, emotionally driven brand that your customers trust is consistency. This means being your brand at all times, i.e. continually producing content and acting in a manner that reflects your company’s brand statement and values.
- No one cares anymore about what you do or what you sell. People care about who you are and what you stand for. This is why branding is so important.
For more information about branding and how you and your company can get to their next, call us at (908) 534-9044 or fill out the form below: